cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sizing Problem ? about a big Soluion Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

I have a question regarding the sizing of our Solution Manager(SOLMAN).

One big customer wants to deploy one SOLMAN centrally at headquarter which could manage 12 ERP (ECC6.0) systems of its several branches.

I am using SOLMAN7.01 sizing tool for calculation, but I found a strange recommendatio result.

When I entered one entry in system landscape ECC 6.0 Volumn XL Virtual Host 2 and serveral low/ medium/ high user ,

the recommendation result is SAPS 11447.

Then I entered two entries in system landscape (is our case, we need to enter 12) , the recommendation result is SAPS 11466

so I can feel the SAPS just inceases a little, if I add more same entries, there won't be much increase in the recommendation result about SAPS.

Does the Sizing tool works correctly or there is something wrong?

Thanks so much for your ideas.

Ray

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

12 SAP ECC 6.0 servers is not many systems for Solution Manager to manage.

Customers can have hundreds of systems connected and managed by Solution Manager.

While Sizing is not my area of expertise, it does not sound like there will be a very large load of managed systems and I woud not expect 12 systems to take much more resources than 2. Now if you raised the number to 120, or 200, then you should start to see a larger SAPS result. Have you tried? As I mentioned 12 systems should not be much of a load for a Solution Manager system.

Regards,

Paul

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ray

I've got a Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 running smoothly using 20GB of memory and 3 CPU's with around eighty managed SAP systems.

Usage is mostly only system administrator team at the moment though.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone. I think I should not worry about the increase of SAPS with just a small amount of systems.

Answers (0)