cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction of Labs/Offices and Document Browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have searched the forum but got no satisfactory answers.We have several plants and locations involved,ours is gropu with 23 companies.My doubts are:

1. Can we restrict the labs/offices defined to Document type level?

2.Can we restrict the Document Browser and Authorizations tab to Document type level?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vipin,

In customization settings for Document Types, if we enter "Required Entry (+)" for labs/office and Auth group in the field selection, it will mandatorily ask to input these when you save a new document. If we donu2019t select anything, then it input to lab/office or auth group will not be asked.

Apart from "Required entry", there are 3 more options like "optional entry", "Suppressed Field and "Display field" which are used for different scenarios. Let me know if this answers your questions.

Regards,

Sudharshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

The answer for your questions is "NO", you can't restrict these at document type level. In authorization the objetcs contains document type,document status,authorization group,activity etc. so you can restrcit at these objects level but not at other objects which you have mentioned in the question. Hope you understood, your question is exactly opposite to the possible restrictive objects. It is not possible to restrict at these objects level.

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra