cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance for On Device Applications

0 Kudos

Hii All.

I want to know if there is any tool existing to check the product standared performance KPIs for On-Device applications?

To my knowledge, currently some teams use Stop watch to check the front end measurements like Response time.

But i guess there is no way to find the Average number of roundtrips and the average Data volume transfered explicitely.

So, can you all suggest me if there is any way to measure these KPIs using any tool?

Thank You.

Lavanya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197561
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

For each device there are device specific APIs which can be used by the developers to instrument the device application (at the development phase) to report KPIs such as response time, roundtrips, data traffic, CPU time, memory...

Not all devices support measuring of all KPIs - this depends on the device manifacturer and OS environment.

It the application is not instrumented for performance measuremrnts and does not write log file with data, the only way is to measure the stop-watch end-to-end time and if the application is accessing SAP backends to measure the server side time with the well-known SAP tools.

Best Regards,

Sylvia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth.

Firstly thnaks for replying.

What i understand from Wily Introscope is that its a tool for server side measurement. But i want to know if there is any tool which can measure the front end ( client side) performance of mobile device applications.

Warm Regards,

Lavanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Do you know of the tool from KNOA, they do some end user experience monitoring on live users, where an agent is installed at on an end user computer´, and records what is being done and sends responce time data back.

Jeppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - it might be possible to use something like Wily Introscope.

For more information, see http://www.service.sap.com/diagnostics.

End of the note.

The available components for Introscope are Enterprise Manager, Agent, Workstation, and WebView. The setup, installation, and configuration of these components are described in SAP Notes 797147 and 1237887. The components serve the following purposes:

Wily Introscope Component

Description

Enterprise Manager

The Enterprise Manager (EM) acts as the central repository for all Introscope performance data and metrics collected in an application environment. The EM processes performance data and makes it available to users for production monitoring and diagnosis.

Agent

Introscope agents collect performance metrics from the various components inside the running Web application, the application server and performance and availability data from the surrounding computing environment. The agents then report these metrics to the Enterprise Manager.

Workstation

The user controls Introscope and accesses performance metrics through the Introscope Workstation. Users can set alerts for individual metrics or logical metric groups, view performance metrics, and customize views to represent their unique environment. The Introscope Workstation has a Swing-based UI, for onsite or in-house use only

WebView

Introscope WebView presents Web-based graphical UI to display Introscope performance data. Introscope's customizable dashboards and Explorer tree views for authorized users run in a browser interface, so that critical information can be viewed by those who need it anytime, anywhere. Note that the WebView component requires the Adobe SVG Viewer browser plug-in to display performance data.

Regards.