cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP secure connection set up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have proxy to FTPs scenario.For FTP secure connection set up, I have the public certificate with me and have installed it in keystore.but when I configure the receiver channel and select Keystore and X509 certificate and private key, my installed certificate is not visible in the drop down list.

While deploying certificate, I have created new keystore and imported my public certificate in it.Certificate is a .pem file.

I have followed this blog while configuring my channel.

/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2010/04/13/how-to-configure-ftps-in-file-adapter

Please provide me inputs that what needs to be done so that my certificate is visible in channel configuration.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

maciej_jarecki
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

if you want to use X509 certificate, you have to generate your own key, sign it and import responde from CA to PI. That send your public key to ftp owner to import it. Now configurate it in PI to by able to connect to ftp. Remember that private key is used to authenticate user on server.

Regards

Maciej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think so you will get to see the Certificate visible in the channel configuration.

The certificates X.509 are for key based authentication and has nothing to do with the Public key you are having.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

Option is "X509 certificate and private key". so It is looking for private key while you uploaded the public key.

This is the reason you are not been able to view the public cert.

Regards,

Pinkle