Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Inter company COGS and Cost Components in COPA

Looked at so many threads but couldn't find a proper answer.

Scenario: Company B in Canada books a sales order, delivering from a Plant in Company A in US. US bills Canada at Cost + Mark up.

In US:

On Goods issue COGS is booked based on std in US (say $10)

On Inter company billing - (Cost + 20% mark up) Inter company receivable is $12, this triggers a payable on Canada side.

In Canada:

We can have $12 booked as COGS when Payable entry is created in Canada through IDOC. so Accounting is OK.

How can I have this COGS of $12 posted in COPA ? Somewhere I read to use two condition types for VPRS, but unfortunately we cant do that as we have revenue recognition activated. only VPRS condition values comes through revenue recognition lines.

Since Delivering plant in US has a Standard cost of $10, VPRS is $10 in sales order and COPA gets the cost components from US plant, which is not correct. How can I have the mark up of $2 reflected in Cost components in COPA ?.

Assuming that I create a standard Cost estimate in a virtual Plant in Canada for $12 with two cost components for $10 and $2. Is it possible to manipulate VPRS on sales order to point to standard cost from this virtual plant and create a costing key to bring the cost split from this virtual plant into COPA. Has anybody tried this ?

Thanks in advance.

Krishna

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Krishna

Nice to know that your issue is resolved...or close to resolution

Did you use any exit to manipulate VPRS??

Also, which exit you used during RR to make the posting COGS dr and Gr/Ir as offsetting posting?? Since GR/IR is meant for auto posting, how did you manage to post to GR/IR? And does this posting happen @ RR?

br, Ajay M

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question