cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO types and Delta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I seen a thread here that mentioned for certain PO types, there are no Delta's possible or generated.

May I know what types are these?

I am having intermitten problem with PO delta.

These POs are created by users in dialog mode as well as by program that automatically creates PO's.

The Extractor is 2LIS_02_ITM.

regards

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Purchase Order Types define what kind of a PO is it?

It can be a Standard PO or an Stock Transport Order or an Import PO, etc..

PO Type (Doc Type) can be system defined or can be defined based on the company's requirement.

Please be more specific about your issue so that we can help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal,

what i meant was , I heard that certain types of PO in standard SAP will not generate DELTA for BW.

I am using stock purchase order . Is this type of PO supported by Delta?

Or is my understanding false?

Thanks.

regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

From whatever i have seen and dealt with, i do not think that there is any kind of PO which is not picked up by Delta.

Any PO created/ changed thru' ME23N or ME22N or any other such t.code, gets captured.

Well, i think you may have heard of the Delta not working fine & the changes are not captured.

This can be when a certain enhancement is not working as desired & the changes are not picked, only for the fields that have been enhanced.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal,

Thanks for confirming that any PO delta gets captured by ME22N / 23N transactions.

But could I clarify you also mean using the program of these tcodes and run these in the background?

I assume so since they are the same programs just running in different modes - batch or dialog.

By the way, the affected field is a standard PO field that is not enhanced. But at least if I can know that using ME2x tcodes, the delta is sure to get captured, then I can faster fix the problem.

I feel very assured by your confident and direct reply.

thanks!

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the data source that you are using?

You can make use of the base tables EKKO & EKPO to find the standard PO field is being updated or not.

As & when you create/ change a PO, the same is reflected at the Header Level (EKKO) or at the Item Level (EKPO).

Answers (0)