cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC patch level requirement for SNC 7.0 eph1

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running ECC SR3 (w/o ehp) now and want to implement SNC 7.0 eph1.

Is there any official docuemnt to which I can refer regarding ECC hot package level requirement for SNC 7.0 eph1? We definately do NOT want to upgrade ECC patch level during SNC project.

If we must switch back to a lower version, such as SNC 7.0, is there a similar document?

Thanks in advance.

James

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in the same situation today.  We have ECC (no enhancment packages, no support packages) and we are beginning an SCM 7.02 project.  I am trying to determine if my ECC system requires an enhancements packages or min support packages installed - before we start the project.

Were you able to find such information.  It doesn't seem easily accessible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In SNC 7.0 for work ordr collaboration to see the WIP step you need ECC .0 with EPH4 see the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SNC700_ehp01/helpdata/en/45/bd01d6a87d0063e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

I think this EPH patchs can added as per your requirement.

But without EPH4 also we can do workorder collaboration but WIP status won't be updated.

similarly i think you can go ahead with your current SP level in ECC and depending upon your requirement you can upgarde your SP level.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear James

See the SAP SNC Master Guide on SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/instguides @ SAP Business Suite Applications @ SAP SCM @ SAP SNC

For SNC 7.01 go to using sap enhancment package for SAP SNC 7.0

For SNC 7.0 go to using SAP SNC 7.0

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/support

At the bottom of the page, you can find master guide,

From page 27 section 2.3 Software Component Matrix, it is 90 page document

User details are required plz create one

You will find all the required information

Now if you want to check, realize scenario wise

In the same link, go to release & upgrade information-Product Availability Matrix and Realization Alternatives

THis is very good link

Notes

1180861 & 1281192 talks about 7.0

Best Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Vinod.

I am looking for the Support Package level requirement for back-end caused by different SCMSCN version.

So far, all the information indicate no specified requriement on ECC side, no matter integrated with SNC 7.0 or SNC 7.0 ehp1.

According to note 1448941, The most updated SP equivalence levels for EhP1 for SAP SCM 7.0 are: SCM EhP1 SPS04 (Note 1448941) -- SCM 7.0 SPS09 (Note 1522162) -- SCM 5.1 SPS15 -- SCM 5.0 SPS19 -- SCM 4.1 SPS20. I only find below requirement in note 1522162 "SAP R/3 back end - Plug-in: Customers who use the back-end Release SAP ERP 6.0 (ECC 6.0) do not require an additional plug-in because this component is a fixed element of SAP_APPL".

Does this mean even ECC 6.0 SAP_APPL SP 01 is OK?, no higher SAP_APPL SP level required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this mean even ECC 6.0 SAP_APPL SP 01 is OK?, no higher SAP_APPL SP level required?

Yes it should be sufficient, but to use new or enhanced scenarios, you need to patchup

Best Regards

Vinod