cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing date for the tax condition type should be invoice creation date

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Folks,

As per the current design taxes conditions are determining based on the Service rendered date which is similar to the GI date and pricing type is G in copy control .

New requirement is taxes should calculate based on the Invoice creation date in the invoice.in order to acheive the solution i have customized the tax related condition type functionality "pricing date" as KOMP-ERDAT but still system calcualting the taxes based on the service rendered date and same also writing in the invoice also.

pLease help me out what need to be configured here to acheive the solution.

Regards,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Basically taxes are calculating from the external system TAXWARE and i came to know that taxes always calculated from taxware using the service rendered date I.e GI date despite we make our tax condition type pricing date either pricing date/billing date/ creation date in V/06.

Please let us know how to achieve taxes should be calculated based on the billing creation date by changing either in R/3 or Taxware.

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl go through the following thread. You will get a complete picture of the system behavior for sure.

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello XYZ,

As you said the tax is calculated in Taxware system, i think taxware system is configured to calculate the taxes based on the "service rendered date". That is the reason why even you have changed the pricing date to be billing date for condition type XR1 taxware is not behaving as you expected.

You have two options.

1. Invocie creation date/ blling date is available in the structure "TAX_CAL_ITEM_IN00".If it is available in the structure ask the Taxware team to make changes in their system to consider that field value instead of the service rendered date.

2. Alternatively you can over write the filed which contains the service rendered date value with the value of billing date. This way no changes required in Taxware system. You can do that in cusotmer exit "EXIT_SAPLFYTX_USER_001" include ZXFYTU03 .

Based on my exeperince i think the consistant approach would be going with option 1 . Please revert if you need furhter information on the same

Thanks,

Srini

Edited by: srini vasarao on Jul 14, 2011 12:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Basically taxes are calculating from the external system TAXWARE and i came to know that taxes always calculated from taxware using the service rendered date I.e GI date despite we make our tax condition type pricing date either pricing date/billing date/ creation date in V/06.

Please let us know how to achieve taxes should be calculated based on the billing creation date by changing either in R/3 or Taxware.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

To focus more light on this, taxes are being calculated from Taxware system and now the requirement is to calculate taxes based on the Posting date/invoice creation date but test my self i have customized the condition type XR1 pricing date field as KOMP-ERDAT and still the taxes are determining based on the GI date and when we double click on the XR1 condition in invoice at item level condition pricing is equal to GI date not the billing creation date,here confusing more why the system still taking the coditon pricing date as GI date despite of ERDAT.

I was doubting as per the standard design system will always calcuate the taxes in invoice based on the GI date, irrespective of Pricing date field customization in the condition type functionaliy. but system calculating the pricing date for the PR00 system calcuating the whatever we configured in the condition type functionality.

So please help me out here how to acheive the solution.

Helpful answeres will be awarded.

Regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In your copy control settings in VTFL (delivery to nivoice), change the pricing type to 'G' - copy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes. This wil pick the tax condition values maintained in the condition records on the day of invoice creation.

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Try using 'C' Billing date (KOMK-FKDAT)