cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment field in goods issue/delivery document type WL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would anyone know where we can check how the value for Assignment field in accounting document from goods issue/delivery document type WL (movement type) is determined? This is field BSEG-ZUONR. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sheila

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The assignment number is an additional information reference field in the line item.

The program can display the account line items sorted according to the content of this field.

You can either enter the field contents manually, or have the system define them automatically in the master record via the sort key field.

You define the rules for the layout of the assignment number field in the Implementation Guide (IMG) under Determine Standard Sorting for Line Items.

Tcode-FB03(Determine Standard Sorting for Line Items).

Choose Sort Key-000(Allocation number)

Assign Field1=ZUONR......Name=Assignment......Length=10.

Hope this will solve your query.

Thanks & Regards,

Bijay Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Bijay,

Thanks for your reply. Let me rephrase my question. Would you know how this field is populated from goods issue/delivery document type WL? Would there be any copy control config for this? User exit? Reason why I am asking is that we noticed that for the PGI accounting document, the Assignment field is populated differently using the same reference sales document type. We want to know how the system populates this value. Thanks in advance.

Sheila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sort keys are stored in customer, vendor and GL master records. They determine what value is populated in the u2018assignmentu2019 field in the document line items posted. There are several standard entries in a pre-delivered SAP system and additional entries can be configured if required. A very common use for sort key 014 Purchase Order number for example, is to allow the GR/IR clearing GL account to be cleared automatically.

The key defined here is taken as the default key by the system when you want to display the line items pertains to that account. However, you can change the sorting order, dynamically, at run time using the sort indicator in the line item display.

Thanks & Regards,

Bijay Pradhan