Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap fi jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have completed my SAP Financials Certification last month. I am looking for SAP junior functional consultant jobs but having no experience is a problem. I am also looking for SAP Intern jobs or voluntary jobs for experience but no luck

What all options do we have to get a job for a fresher & does anyone have any ideas about how to look for job openings for freshers ?

I reside in melbourne & have worked with major bank for 3 years

I know this question has been asked before but still looking for some answers .

Any reponse would be appreciated.

Regards

Chinmay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yeahh, the market for newcommers is very difficult. Forget a job in a consulting company; they normally want only senior or medium-size consultants and if they ever publish an ad for juniors, then yoú still have unfortunately bad cards.

I am afraid that you´ll have to sell yourself for nothing to 1000s of companies for getting some experience in FI. After some 4 months you´ll be able to apply as a junior; once inside as a trainee, talk to your colleagues and boss and ask for an opportunity for getting a salary.

I tell you this in a cruel way, because the market for senior consultants is not the best. Companies try to push hard the price downwards or move the jobs to countries of misery salaries like India or China for being able to be competitive, as they call the slavery now. Not to mention local crisis in this or that country that kills many jobs. Another huge problem are intermediaries (body-leasing companies disguised as IT consultancies), because they want to make money and they exploit the consultant with a low price. Client pays u20AC 90, consultant gets u20AC 70 and u20AC 20 remain for these "consultancies" .... for doing nothing.

If you ever become a mid-size consultant, then you have to consider another specialization like ABAP and/or CO. I myself have more than 13 years as developer with ABAP/4, ABAP OO, BSP, Webdynpro and more; however, I have 3 years experience in HR and sell myself in this area as a junior consultant. There´s still a long road ahead of me.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yeahh, the market for newcommers is very difficult. Forget a job in a consulting company; they normally want only senior or medium-size consultants and if they ever publish an ad for juniors, then yoú still have unfortunately bad cards.

I am afraid that you´ll have to sell yourself for nothing to 1000s of companies for getting some experience in FI. After some 4 months you´ll be able to apply as a junior; once inside as a trainee, talk to your colleagues and boss and ask for an opportunity for getting a salary.

I tell you this in a cruel way, because the market for senior consultants is not the best. Companies try to push hard the price downwards or move the jobs to countries of misery salaries like India or China for being able to be competitive, as they call the slavery now. Not to mention local crisis in this or that country that kills many jobs. Another huge problem are intermediaries (body-leasing companies disguised as IT consultancies), because they want to make money and they exploit the consultant with a low price. Client pays u20AC 90, consultant gets u20AC 70 and u20AC 20 remain for these "consultancies" .... for doing nothing.

If you ever become a mid-size consultant, then you have to consider another specialization like ABAP and/or CO. I myself have more than 13 years as developer with ABAP/4, ABAP OO, BSP, Webdynpro and more; however, I have 3 years experience in HR and sell myself in this area as a junior consultant. There´s still a long road ahead of me.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for you reply. It gave me an idea about the current market situatioin . It definately seems as it is long way ahead.

0 Kudos

Hi there,

Certification would help to some extent, its an advantage of having certification as few MNCs prefer certified consultants. But at the same time, experience is more important than certification. Don neglect even a single opportunity whatever comes to you.. you may consider working on some projects (as freelancer or trainee).. It may help in getting an entry as a SAP jr consultant

0 Kudos

In my experience of being a recruiter for the past 7 years is we really don't care for a certification. It's a nice have but doesn't mean you don't get the job.

SK