cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subesequent credit memo became Credit Memo upon posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MM Gurus,

We were trying to post subsequent credit memo for our PO that has price changed, but when we post and save it from miro, when we check in PO it became credit memo. That's why the qty was been affected.

Any idea why upon posting it was change to credit memo?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at po history only value is affected not quantity but for credit memo quantity & value is affected.

Transaction event type is different for credit memo(RE-L) and subsequent credit or debit (NB-L).

Edited by: Jeyakanthan A on May 18, 2011 10:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeya,

When i check, document type is NB-L, but it still affects qty. Please refer below.

NB-L 5105640208 1 18.05.2011 100- 0 TON 50.00- SGD 100- 0 TON

RE-L 5105640207 1 18.05.2011 100 0 TON 100.00 SGD 100 0 TON

Tr./Ev. Invoice receipt 0 TON 50.00 SGD 0 TON

And when i try to display the NB-L document, i can see credit memo although what i posted was subsequent credit memo.

Any idea?

Just to check if the PO qty was affected, i replicate the data in our testing environment, and still the same, even i use subsequent credit memo when i post it it became credit memo in PO history, so qty is affected.

pardeep_malik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Tina,

If you enter a subsequent credit, the system suggests the entire invoiced quantity, but no value. The maximum quantity that you can subsequently credit is the quantity that has already been invoiced. You can only enter a subsequent debit/credit for a purchase order item if an invoice has already been posted for this item.

it is std SAP functionality.

Suppose PO is of qty 100 value 2000 and sub. credit is posted 200

Now in PO history

Qty Amount in LC

WE 100 2000 (GR entry)

RE -L 100 2000 (IR entry)

NB -L 100- 200- (Subsequenty Credit)

system consider charge subs. credit for whole invoice qty which is alreday posted.

Here system is not reversing any qty but posting in refrence to that qty.

Hope help u !

Regards,

Pardeep Malik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pardeep,

Thank you for the information.

I somewhat i understand the logic behind the po history.

But i need to confirm this, when i display my NB-L (subsequent credit memo) document form the PO history tab, i see credit memo (2) instead of subsequent credit memo (4) under transaction field (tcode MIR4), do you have any idea why it was credit memo when i posted subsequent credit memo?

Thank you.

pardeep_malik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is slight difference between Subs Credit or credit memo , for credit memo you have return material ...mean return PO is to create for this.

IR is only related to amount not qty. so it is saved as credit memo.

after posting in FI, it is same means...u have to send a debit note to vendor means a credit memo in your system.

it is std sap functionality.

regards,

Pardeep Malik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pardeep,

Sorry i did not understand clearly.

Base on the previous post RE-L is the document type for Credit Memo, and NB-l for subsequent credit/debit memo.

in my PO, i use subsequent credit memo - that's why i have document type NB-L in my PO history. But when i try to open that NB-L document, i can see credit memo in transaction field not subsequent credit memo, is this a sap standard? shows credit memo in display document but it is really a subsequent credit memo?

Please advise.

Thank you.

pardeep_malik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

For Credit memo : you post fresh invoice means you have to create return PO to the vendor.

Subsiquent debit/credit : there is no new PO. posting is to be done on previous posted invoice of the PO.

the differnce comes in document means RE-L -- credit memo i.e. new invoice posted w r.t. new PO(no earlier posting has been done)

NB-L : sub credit/debit w.r.t. old PO.

system will show credit memo means debit notes in both cases in SAP but document type is different.

Hope Hep u !

Regards,

Pardeep malik