cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports XI in Hyper-V Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this is my first post on the SAP forums, I am new to this town.

I am unable to install Crystal Reports Developer Edition to any of our servers in a Hyper-V environment. Why would I do such a thing (server install)? CR needs to be installed on a terminal server so that custom reports can be built for an app that already uses the runtime environment.

Back to the grind: The CR software is able to install without errors or any signs of trouble. But when I launch CR, Windows Server (I have tried about every modern MS Server flavor) shuts the program down with the same error "Crystal Reports Has Stopped Working" and the option to "close the program" or "check online for a solution". The solution comes up without one and the even log is no help either.

Also I did install CR SP4 after the fact, and to no avail.

So all of the effected machines are virtual on Hyper-V. I also tried on a physical box running Server 2008 64 with the same results. I was successful at installing on my Windows 7 laptop, so I know the CD disks are good.

I have already search these forums for answers and have not found any. Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to figure this out with the help of a colleague.

We had to loosen the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) settings to allow Crystal to launch. To change this setting go to My Computer > System Properties > Advanced Tab > Performance Settings. I changed the DEP setting to "essential Windows programs and services only". Alternatively you can opt to add CR to a list of exceptions instead. I have not yet gone down that road.