Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Hiding all rows and showing only subtotal

I have a very difficult situation here.

I have 11columns in my report. They are (in order): 1. Production Order 2. Planned Order 3. Material 4. Material Description 5. MRP Controller 6. Requirement Quantity 7. Unit of Measure (of req. qty) 8. Requirements Date 9. Std. Cost 10. Valuation Class 11. Value.

Among them: Requirement Quantity, Std. Cost and Value are mesure objects. All others are detail and dimension objects.

Clients want subtotal: Year per Month per Valuation Class per Unit of Measure for Value

Please note month and year are separate objects which are basically Fiscal Month and Fiscal Year.

It sounds very easy. What I did: I created section by Fiscacal Year/Month and then sub-section by Valuation Class and then applied a break on Unit of Measure and calculated subtotal.

But life is not that easy. Clients want to export the result to excel and it will show some hundred thousands rows even for every sub-sub section which excel will not allow.

So, they don't want to see any rows or sections. They only and only want to see subtotals which should look like this:

2010 June---Valuation Class 3005EA--$3,2222,610.72

Doesn't matter whether we apply drill, chart or anything......They will export to excel where they will see only subtotals in each row......

This one is not going to be easy.....

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question