cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion Flag on production orders with variances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We use product cost collectors in discrete production environment. We have a lot of production orders from past with WIP. We want a way to put a deletion flag on these order and take the differance as a loss. I know this is not right, but cleaning up all the old orders is too much of a job. So please let me know if there is a way to put a deletion flag on the production orders with variances or WIP. Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you do not need to settle these orders you can set the deletion flag on the order, this stops the order from being selected in all period end closing functions. Or in the settlement profile(OKOA) you can set @not for settlement'.

Variances are also not settled, but WIP can be. When you close the object or set the delete flag, the system does not display a message if the balance in the object is not zero.

You cannot set the deletion flag on an order with a balance, however there is a workaround. You can then proceed according to note 140672 or note 421376, depending on which better suits your particular circumstances.

You can then proceed according to note 140672 or note 421376, depending on which better suits your particular circumstances.

Also you can temporarily set KO450 to W with note 189492. The note 189492 which was created primarily for rounding differences after a euro conversion. However this can be used if the WIP amounts that remain are not needed to be settled, such as if they belong to a previous fiscal year.

You can use the program COPCOBJ_REORGCHECK to see which orders have a balance not equal to zero.

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

Thank you very much for your prompt response. The note 189492 is not available on the SAP help site. I got the following message "The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only". Can you please explain what is in this note. Thanks in Advance.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Raise an OSS message to SAP and check... once upon a time this note was available

Ask them to provide this note

br, Ajay M

Answers (0)