cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A/R down payment invoice not allowing tax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We use SAP Business One 2007A PL-08. While posting A/R down payment with percentage on DPM (For example 50%), the system is not calculating GST on it though we put the GST tax code in the invoice.

Any idea how this can be resolved?

Is there a workaround for this?

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is by design. Only formal invoice calculate tax. Down payment invoice will not include tax.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gordon. As a workaround, we created a dummy item number for the GST to be input into the A/R Down payment invoice. The problem here is that when we add a line item for the GST using this item number, the G/L account is defaulting to customer deposits account and its now allowing us to change the G/L account to the relevant GST G/L. Is there a way we can change the G/L?

Please let me know!!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know if the account can be changed. The answer is probably no as usual. Could you handle the tax in the last invoice instead of down payment invoice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does last invoice mean? You mean the regular invoice?

Yes.. we are able to add tax in regular A/R Invoices.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I mean regular invoice. That is for tax purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I have a client doing the same thing ('dummy' item code for tax in AR DP). In 2007 you would have to do a JE to move the tax portion from the deposit GL to the tax GL for the AR DP.

Heather

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Heather..We are doing the same thing!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to handle this then Gordon? So the way we are handling this is the only workaround?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am afraid you may not have many options. Whatever the work around, it will be similar. I don't know anything better.