cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Server 2008 V1 - fix pack and service pack installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm currently running Crystal Reports Server 2008 V1 - 12.2.0.290. I think this is SP2. I saw both SP3 and FP 3.1 available to download, but am not sure if I need both. Do I need to install SP3, then install the FP 3.1? The website doesn't appear to provide clear instructions on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you need to upgrade to SP 3 and then you can Upgrade to FP 3.1.

The SP usually are major releas of the product when the FP are minor fix of the SP.

Ciao,

Massimo

Edited by: M. Cappelli on May 20, 2011 8:31 AM

Edited by: M. Cappelli on May 20, 2011 8:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears that I'm running 12.3.0.601, based on the Product Version listed on the CentralManagementServer properties. Is this the latest version? Also, why, when I go to the About box in Central Management Console does it show the product number as 12.1.0?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. As far as I know, the Crystal Reports Server is a minimalized BusinessObjects Enterprise. Meaning many of the services of the Enterprise installation are simply cut off, e.g. the Web Intelligence services.

2. And every component is realized with a different service. Meaning, "the CMS is an other process than the CMC".

Because of that I think the update of the Crystal Server is just not patching all components. Maybe because it's not necessary.