cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Look and Feel - Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys , here are some questions regarding portal look and feel changes and portal configuration would appreciatte if anyone could give me some tips

1) We need to change menu options, instead of the default values ( System Admin , Content ) we want to create a new " Menu"

Example: Members , Teams , Rooms and define specific iview's to respond to the menu option

How can i achiev this ?

1.2) While having a complete new Menu , we want to change all SAP default stuff to a safe place ( content admin etc .. ). Probably having this in a complete different framework would be a good ideia?

2) The focus of the project we are working on is to show everything is possible regarding look and feel changes so we have to complete copy a website (company website) to a SAP Portal . When i mean copy i really mean copy the customer wants nothing else . Would this be considered a external facing portal?

3) Is there any javascript framework to work with SAP Portal?

4) Theme Editor Preview Seems to always use the default sap components ( example if you are using a diferent framework , but change bgcolor in masthead , it will show you in preview the sap default component and not yours ) is it possible to change this?

4.1) Design Question : Is it possible to add a small icon preview on custom made themes? like SAP default themes have when you enter the Theme Editor?

5) one of my components will have a image that will keep switching depending on the menu option the user is . Would it be possible to have somehow this portal component always listenning to a portal event(how to create one?).

Thanks guys

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding 1 and 1.2, you should achieve this using role assignment and proper role-worksets-pages setup, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/4f/bceaffeb8c114ebef8255b63079c7c/frameset.htm for more details

2., What do you mean by 'copying'? Do you mean textual content, or do you want to pixel-perfect mimic the layout of the current website?

3. In theory, you could use any Javascript framework within the portal, but depending on your needs it will be limited to a single iView, a single page, or in some cases the whole portal

4. Your changes should be reflected according to the theme editor (color, fonts, images, everything you could change in the theme editor should be visible)

However, if you customized the specific components on code-level, this cannot be visualized of course since the framework has no knowledge of your changes at theme editor level

4.1 There is no standardized or supported way to display a preview image to my knowledge

5 This could be done using portal eventing and/or navigation eventing, depending on your needs. Have a look at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_banking50/helpdata/de/9f/6fa84016631814e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer: i still have remaining questions:

1.1 / 1.2 - I have done the worksets as the guide suggests and i have everything ready ( i have only one minor problem that i will solve later). how can i implement this now? i need to define a group only with that role ? and then make users with that group only see that role menu items?

2 ) both , the site should look exacly the same and have the same content ( at least for some users). basicly the client wants to see that its possible to configure a portal to look like a website while still using sap standards

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to define roles to which you assign your worksets. The workset (or role itself) should then be made an entry point and made visible in the navigation. Keep in mind, the hierarchy of your role->workset(s)->page(s) also define the navigation hierarchy. Have a look at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/cc/1f6f3ee3c33f7ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm for more info on how roles/navigation can be defined

With relatively simple effort, the portal can mimic the look and feel of the current web site using the Theme Editor, by using the current corporate fonts/colors and maybe image tweaking for buttons, tabs etc. and a customized page layout template.

However, if you want an exact mirrored look and feel, be ready for some heavy customizing/creation of elements such as a custom masthead, navigation iViews, custom iView trays, and maybe even additional CSS scripting/hacking

Robin

Answers (0)