cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SetConnection and SetLogin

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what I have found, I use SetConnection on the primary report and SetLogin an any sub reports. What is the difference between these 2 methods?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

How come I don't have to use SetLogin on the primary report but I do on the sub reports? Do I have to use SetLogin on the sub reports if I used SetConnection on the primary report? If I do need to use SetLogin on sub reports, can I do that setting useIntegratedSecurity to true?

Can a report have more than 1 datasource and if so, can one use integrated security while the other does not?

And how do you set connection without specifying the server or database name? If you just want to use the ones specified in the report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using SAP Business One ? Which is your B1 version if your answer is true?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I am not exactly sure. I am building a Windows application using the Crystal Report Viewer. It used to be Seagate, then Business Objects, now it appears to be SAP who owns Crystal Reports. So I want to say I am using Crystal Reports but maybe it is now called SAP Business One?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. SAP Business One is an ERP package. You should post your question on the Crystal Report forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome you post on the forum.

SetConnection will allow you to connect to the database. While SetLogin must have an active connection in advance.

Thanks,

Gordon