cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Hub License issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am planning to use Open Hub Destination in SAP Bi 7.0. I read some posts in other forums, where they said that when you use Open Hub Destination services, when you want to export the data to other non-SAP systems.

In my case, I want to extract the data from the DSO, using Open Hub I need to dump it to a .CSV, which will be saved in the Application Server itself. Then I am planning to use that to load the data back into the SAP BI itself. I will not be using that to load it to non-SAP systems, only back into SAP BI. Will I have to pay for the license to use Open Hub?

Also, if I need to buy, where can I find the information about how to buy the license for the same?

Thanks

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In my case, I want to extract the data from the DSO, using Open Hub I need to dump it to a .CSV, which will be saved in the Application Server itself. Then I am planning to use that to load the data back into the SAP BI itself. I will not be using that to load it to non-SAP systems, only back into SAP BI. Will I have to pay for the license to use Open Hub?

If you are loading the data in BW again then why extract it into CSV using open hub destination.

The data from a DSO can be saved to CSV file can be saved using an APD as well and you need not apply for license for using APD

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Arvind for your solution.

Actually I need to load 0CUSTOMER hierarchies into BI, which in turn need to be loaded to BPC for Netweaver. The information about the 'Parent' Customer is stored in one of the Z attribute object ZPCOCUST, in 0CUSTOMER itself. The hierarchies are not maintained in ECC side nor in any flat file.

So basically, in a nutshell, I have to read the Z attribute, ZPCOCUST from 0CUSTOMER, and load those values to CSV and load the hierarchies using the Flatfiles.

If you know any better solution to this scenario, please help..

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You will have to create a flat file and load it, please take care of the structure of the flat file while loading.

You can create an APD, write an ABAP program which dumps the data in the format as required for flat file.

the flat file structure has been defined by SAP in the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/fa/e92637c2cbf357e10000009b38f936/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/b0/ab8e3cb4340b14e10000000a114084/content.htm

hope this helps.

regards,

Arvind.

dielom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

If you are downloading the data for BPC, there are no license issues, that's what SAP recommends to do (and that's what we do in our company as well).

Just to be sure, tell your company / customer, to check with their SAP account manager.

Cheers,

Diego

Answers (0)