cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating from BOE XI 3.1 2.3 to 3.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are getting ready to update to FP 3.5 from BOE XI 3.1 FP 2.3 can you share your experiences with me, good and bad. Also please include any gotcha involved in the update process.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

be aware that you probably have to install SP 3 before go for FP 3.5.

rgds,

Massimo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Massimo

Thank you for replying to my thread, your comment was appreciated and I consider it good advice.

I am still looking for feedback from peoples experiences who have done the update, if they encountered any issues, tricks they had to employ to get the update to work and any changes in the tools they have seen, the tools look, feel or performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

mainly it depends on how your Landscape is built and which apllications your are using in combination with BOXI.

Another usefule advice if you are running on Windows may be better to go for the 3.6 due to possible compatibility problem with KB2509553.

Pls. provide some extra info on your landscape.

Rgds,

Massimo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Massimo,

Again, thank you for replying. The landscape consist of two servers clustered together with OS windows 2003 server sp2 ; running BOXI 3.1 sp2 fp2.7.

Gregory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

still some extra questions:

Do you use Crystal Report or excelsius or any other tools?

Do you have only a Production environment or do you have other environment?

Do you use LCM?

Do you use SAP Integration Kit?

Other?

Ciao,

Massimo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q: Do you use Crystal Report or Xcelsius or any other tools?

A: Yes we are using Crystal Reports and Xcelsius.

Q: Do you have only a Production environment or do you have other environment?

A: No, we do have other environments, DEV, QA, PROD and a Test environment.

Q: Do you use LCM?

A: Yes, we do use LCM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

well I can see that the Landscape is quite complex.

More a project then en upgrade and sure too much complex to fully discuss it in the forum.

I don't know how you are going to deal with it just I can mind that every time you transport the upgrade from one environment to another you will perform some test, I mean:

Test --> test --> Dev --> test --> QAS ... etc...

A good practices is to transport all the objects you need for testing (in all environment) before start the upgrade, be sure that they works, it will save you a lot of head hurt

Remeber that the environment components must be all on the same level so when you upgrade BOXI you must upgrade CR and Xcelsius and LCM etc... too.

Ciao,

Massimo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input