cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebSrvice unable to return bulk data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two j2ee aplications A1 and A2. The beans from A1 are accessed into A2 through remote lookup. A bussiness method of EJB DC in application A2 , which refers beans of A1 returns me 100s of records.The webservice is created out of session bean. However, when this web service executed through webservice navigator, the navigator does not create the result, although the processing continues when checked in the default trace.

We limited the number of records to 25, still the webservice is not able to render the data. (which does successfully till 20 records).We recreated the webservice, but this didnt solve the problem. The processing time is not more than 15 to 20 secs, but still the webservice is not able to generate the output.We also tried accessing the webservice in webDynpro.

Why is the webservice not retreiving the data, though the processing takes place till the end? Could some one let us soon as we are in the midst of the development?

Thanks and Regards,

Apeksha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apeksha,

One thing here you can do is to set TimeOut for your web service call.

This can be done in WSNavigator when you test the Web Service. There will be an input box below when you enter the inputs for your Web Service.

If that is not coming..you can by default set the time out to some value through Visual Admin. The path to set timeout in VA is: Server --> Services --> Web Service Container --> Settings --> Timeout.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mausam

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apeksha,

Even we faced the same problem when retrieving more data. Web Services has that problem b'coz it has return n no of records in XML format. It take more times forming in XML format. Web service has the performance issue.

I think your generating webdynpro model using web service better option go accessing data from database go for EJB JNDI Lookup call the interface directly from webdynpro. EJB JNDI lookup retrieve data much faster

Sample code for lookup ejb

1. addRecord method is interface in EJB

SampleEJB remote = null;

try {

Context ctx = new InitialContext();

SampleEJBHome home = (SampleEJBHome) ctx.lookup("SampleJNDI");

remote = home.create();

String result = remote.addRecord(aTemp1,aTemp2);

} catch (Exception e) {

System.out.println("Exception:" + e.getLocalizedMessage());

}

Even me too awaiting for experts reply..

Regards

Suresh