Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display warning message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to display a warning message so that it's yellow and the user has to press enter again in order to proceed with the transaction.

I am able to display an error message using the following code:

MESSAGE s398(00) WITH 'Please enter a Batch number' DISPLAY LIKE 'E'.

I tried changing display like 'E' to 'W', but it doesn't work. I also added an 'exit' at the end of the code. The message is displayed as yellow but I can't get it so that the user has to hit enter twice.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats the issue with

MESSAGE W398(00) WITH 'Please enter a Batch number' . 

0 Kudos

Hi suman,

I have tried that but the transaction becomes terminated (in the same way as when you use 'message E398'...)

0 Kudos

I think you are raising a message where you should not. Can you tell us in which program type and where you are trying to raise this message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Use 'ISU_POPUP_MESSAGE' or 'POPUP_TO_DISPLAY_TEXT'. In SE37 use keywords 'POPUP* to search.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, a Warning shouldn't terminate your session until you are explicitly terminating it. Please post your code and the exit statement you wrote as well. This behavior can be observed in selections screens where a warning is displayed and if we hit enter, the execution continues.

Regards,

Santosh