cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM - Sending mail from a ticket - smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are working with Solution Manager, ChaRM.

We have automate sending mails from ticket in several status to inform all the BPs about the new functionality. We have created actions and conditions, and then added to the list of conditions to setup when the action is schedule and then release (start).

Later on, we decided to modify the smartform and use a new one with different format. We modified the action and assign the new smartform.

However, we found that though it looks modified, is still sending the mails with the all format. Only way, is deleting and adding the action with schedule and start conditinios again. Then the new smartform is taken into consideration.

Is there any way that all the conditions are "refresh" automatically without the need of recreating them?

Many thanks

Esteban

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just a long shot but...in the scheduling of the action in SPPFCADM (Condition Configuration [Transportable Conditions]), in the "Processing Details" tab do you have "Default Settings from Action Definition" selected? If it is not selected, then the form name is actually saved with the scheduling details (you will see this under "details of selected processing" on the "processing details" tab, under the subtab "Form") . If it IS selected then the default settings are taken from the action definition, which is the behavior you are expecting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jon,

Yes, the checkbox is selected. We tried restarting the system just to make sure it wasn't in some buffer. No luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jon,

your idea got me thinking and I believe I found a good enough work around. If you deselect the checkbox you mentioned, click save, then select it again and click save, it forces the email message to refresh and included the updates to the SmartForm.

Give it a try Esteban.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone know an answer? Reconfiguring the conditions for minor changes to a Smartform is not a good solution.