cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I execute a function module in my Webdynpro App ?

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I execute a function module in my Webdynpro App ? I mean, it's not a BAPI.

Is it possible ? which is the procedure to follow ? (comparing to a bapi procedure).

Thanks for your help !

Regards from Mexico. 😃

Diego

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can call any RFC using the adaptive RFC model of Web Dynpro. There is no need to implement the RFC as an BAPI.

Please have a look to the tutorials section - there you can find detailed descriptions how to use the adaptive RFC model.

Best regards

Jochen

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

Well.. but for some strange reason (unknown by me), when I want to import the FM, it shows a warning yellow icon, and some others in green color.

Do you know what's the difference ? and if it affects the results ?

Regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the warning messages shown?

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

None.. just the warning icon (yellow), but it seems that I can use it... The problem is that it doesn't show any results.. =(

lothar_bender
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

the warning icon indicates that you're using a function module that has not been externally released. If the corresponding function module has been defined by SAP, its interface might be changed in an incompatible way within one of the next releases, e.g. removing / renaming a parameter or structure field. Stability is only guaranteed for BAPIs or external released function modules.

From the point of view of the model import it does not make any difference. If import does not work, there seems to be some other problem. Maybe the function module has not been activated in the R/3 system. Or check the log file or the import log page which will be the last page of the import wizard.

You might want to import some other none external released function module in order to verify that model import of these kind of function module works.

Kind regards,

Lothar Bender

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lothar,

Thanks a lot for your help, 10 helpfull points.. 😃

In other hand, that's too bad for me.. I need to use that fm .. =( I'll ask abap people to do something..

Thanks and regards,

Diego

Answers (0)