cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM P&F Dynamic fields disappear after Check and Send

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have an interactive form that has a table with editable rows. I can add additional rows in run-time using addInstance method. During testing , when I click Check&Send button all dynamically added rows disappear.

Does anybody know why this happens and how can I resolve this issue?

Thx everybody for more informtations!

Best greetings,

Gregor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its the nature of the ISR interface. You can't dynamically "add rows" the way you are trying to do it. I have fought this battle long and hard (haha) and was going to blog about it. In the end, you have two options...

1. "add" your rows on the backend to a "limit" of sorts of what you "might" need and then display only a few on the front end. Give the user the ability to "add" rows directly on the form without a need for a backend trip, when actually what you are doing is just exposing more of your "pool" of available rows.

2. When the user "adds" a row on the front end, make a backend trip to actually add the row (increment indexes).

Again, this is due to the ISR framework. It's lilke a pipeline going one way...you define what it expects on the backend. It sends that out and expect that "amount" back. It can only "add" to itself from the backend to send forward again. Make sense? I know it's a pain but that's just how it is. As I said, I might blog details about it and workarounds I used if I have time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

first thanks for your reply!

Add1: add" your rows on the backend to a "limit" of sorts of what you "might" need and then display only a few on the front end - where do I define that?

Add2: When the user "adds" a row on the front end, make a backend trip to actually add the row (increment indexes).

- you mean i create an operation or a dynamic field and work with DO_OPERATIONS?

Question: Is that functionalitiy in any SAP standard scenario implemented? I mean, it would be helpfull to see an working implementation.

If you have time and write your blog please give me an information in this thread or by mail.

Thx,

Gregor Brandstätter

Answers (0)