cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status profile changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are using same user status profile and project profile for two kind of projects ( differentiate based on scale field of WBS element).

If scale is A then follow the sequence ( 20>40>50-->60).

If scale is B then follow the sequence ( 20>30>50-->60).

As of now we can not achieve both functionality using same status profile, so by configuration we can achieve this using

one project profile/two status profiles/validation- substitution;

like if scale is A the use status profile ST1

If scale is B then use status profile ST2.

Any other pointers or that is the only way ( i explained above ) we can achieve that functionality.

REgards

Ashu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> As of now we can not achieve both functionality using same status profile, so by configuration we can achieve this using

> one project profile/two status profiles/validation- substitution;

>

>

I doubt validation / substitution is possible without a user exit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thanks for your replies.

What is final call on this, if it is possible thro' config or not.

Regards

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i know what you have mentioned is the only way out because it may not be possible to maintain 2 different sequences for a single status profile. Using validation/substitution with respect to the scale you have mentioned seems to be a good way of maintaining the correct status profile for the relevant WBS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think only possible way is defining two project profile and using two status profiles .

As in our current business process the scale field comes from interface , workflow creates the project definition and first level WBS element till here it is not defined that what kind of project would be. after that interface create other project objects and assigns scale field to level 2 WBS elements.

Now status profile is assigned based on project profile, may I keep that field blank and later we can define that pice of code in intreface program that if scale is X then assign status profile ST1 and if Y then ST2.

I don't think validation/substituton will work here like

If project profile is # PD001

WBS scale is =X

then asign status profile as ST1.

Regards

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would it be possible to use only one status sequence ( 20>30>40>50>60), & define uper limits & lower limits accordingly.

If two different tems change user satus.you can limit acces to different levels using authorization keys efined to that particular level.

Hope this would open another point of view on this mater.

Regards,

SL

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible to maintain the sequence ( from 20->30->40->50->60).

Any pointers.

Regrads

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you feel its fine, go ahead with whats mentioned in my previous post. Its pretty straight forward and might help you achieve the desired functionality.