Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Painter change has no effect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I have the following problem when ussing Screen Painter:

Via SE80 I´m trying to modify the properties for the field AFRUD-ISM03 in Dynpro 0850 for the porgram SAPLCORU, before me someone change the propierties of the field to only Output where possible (NO INPUT).

Now the users wants to INPUT be possible, so in my Development System using Screen Painter I have changed the porperties to INPUT = Possible, then in the editor screen there are no changes at all, the field still in a grey tone which means that Input is not possible, I thought it may be just a little bug in the editor, so I tested the screen(F8) and it seems good with the change in the field and all perfect, then I tested in the real transaction CO11 and everything was good the change in the screen was there, all this in Development Enviroment.

Then when I did the transport to Quality I checked the screen in SE51 and it´s excactly the same as Development even the same issue in the editor screen, but when tested inside it, it seems to behave as should do, everything so far is good, but when I use the transaction CO11 the changes doesn´t have any effect in the final screen I´m sure this is the screen because I also changed other two fields and this had effect, it is only when you want to change from Input-No possble to Possible when the change in the screen doesn´t seem to have effect.

Could anyone please help me?

By the way the version of SAP GUI is the 7.200

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member1245113
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try Changing the element properties using SHD0 tcode for more info search for related information

you need to create Transaction/Screen Variant using SHD0 transaction (SHDZero not SHDO)

it is higly discouraged to change the screen element properties be changed directly in screen painter

and you can search for similar threads which would serve your purpose

Hope this would answer your thread

Cheerz

Ramchander Rao.K

3 REPLIES 3

former_member361845
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I agree with you as SAP standard are not allowing manual intervention for some of the tcodes/process.

For example i have debug the me22n for Amendment of PO, but the version completed check box was not getting tick.

Hence you can Try implicit enhancement for your requirement.

I may be helpful.

former_member1245113
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try Changing the element properties using SHD0 tcode for more info search for related information

you need to create Transaction/Screen Variant using SHD0 transaction (SHDZero not SHDO)

it is higly discouraged to change the screen element properties be changed directly in screen painter

and you can search for similar threads which would serve your purpose

Hope this would answer your thread

Cheerz

Ramchander Rao.K

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answers. They were very helpful.

The situation was that there were some changes in the transaction CO86 and I was not aware about them, besides they were not applied in the development enviroment (which is very bad), any way I started working with my PP functional to make the necessary changes, I also rescued the original version of the screen in order to not change anything directly with Screen Painter, following your recommendations.

Regards, and thank you again!