cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Assets mass configuration update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I need to update useful lives for plenty of asset classes for several depreciation areas for many charts of depreciation (transaction OAYZ). Any ideas what tool I can use to make the mass update rather than doing this manually for each asset class in each chart of depreciation? LSMW and BDC do not work for this transaction.

Thanks in advance,

Natalya

Edited by: Natalya1976 on May 17, 2011 5:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

One option is to use Substitution for Mass Changes in OACS... This is useful if you have a Linear change i.e. say, all assets with Useful Life 5 yrs will now have 6 yrs

If thats not the case, then create an LSMW recordng for AS02

After that, execute AFAR if your depreciation is based on useful life

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ajay, I really appreciate your help, but this is not that I was asking. I need to make mass changes in FI-AA configuration (transaction OAYZ), not in the assets depreciation areas (transaction AS02). For some reason I am not able to use LSMW for this transaction. I'm wondering, is it possible to create some substitution rule to make it work?

Thanks,

Natalya

former_member204457
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can use eCATT. Script it once using TCD and then upload it to test configuration for mass update.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Natalya

Never really tried LSMW for SPRO settings... Looking @ the transaction OAYZ, it seems that should be possible... However, if you have tried and are sure its not working, then BDC or Ecatt as mentioned above is the only option that remains

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thank you for your help, I never use ECatt before, but I heard about it. Could you give me a link where I can find instructions or something that may help me to go through the necessary steps and see how it works.

Thanks again,

Natalya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalya,

Please check the below thread which has quite a detail on this topic:

Thanks!!!

Murlidhar Khatri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murlidhar,

Thanks a lot, it was extremely nice of you to give me all these links and I hope it's going to be very helpful.

Thanks again,

Natalya

Answers (0)