cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Ouput with Monitoring Probes - NoClassDefFoundError with Web version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying out some of the monitoring probes and have installed them in our dev box. I've got the web version deployed successfully (I see the webpage) but neither that, nor the command line version works for me. When I run the command line, i don't get any output at all. No errors, nothing. When I run the web version, I get the following:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/thoughtworks/xstream/converters/Converter

com.businessobjects.monitoring.core.ProbeController.getInstanceFromFile(ProbeController.java:67)

com.businessobjects.monitoring.servlet.MonitoringServlet.service(MonitoringServlet.java:103)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

Any ideas? Thanks!

Sabir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having exactly the same problem and unfortunately I can find no solution. SAP doesn't support this tool either.

What I have found is that it appears that the tool cannot write to logs files (from /sapmnt/<SAPSID>/bobje/tomcat/logs/catalina.out) :

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /logs/rebean.log (No such file or directory)

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /logs/monitoring.log (No such file or directory)

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /logs/probe.log (No such file or directory)

I am not sure where you set logfile locations for the running probes, the path should be /sapmnt/<SAPSID>/bobje/monitoring/logs when instead it is trying to write to fies located straight off /logs.

Perhaps this is related and once this is fixed the probes may work.

jmsrpp
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I realize this is an old post but wanted to provide the resolution.  This issue is caused by the file xstream-1.1.2.zip missing from the distribution.  The updateWar.bat/sh script expects to find it in:

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\common\4.0\java\lib\external

but the file does not exist there in my distribution of XI3.1 SP3.  By adding the file and running the updateWar.bat/sh script again it resolves the problem.  You can retrieve the appropriate version of the file here:

https://sapmats-us.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgiid=XYQWG6XIHQILCR20X0BIVH9KPK8YHWVJID6JELN1GTKSAKV...

The link will remain active for 100 days (from 3/15/2012)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I encountered the same problem. I need the file but the link has expired. Can you resend the file?