Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPC+VMC and load balancing in CRM 7.0+

RemiB1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We're upgrading our CRM4.0 to to CRM7.0 EHP1 and I have a few questions about how works the load balancing with VMC/IPC applications. If this question should be moved to another section please do so.

We're finding out that the VMC component required for IPC uses a lot of memory. We are probably not going to activate it on every application server in our CRM production environment because of that.

I am wondering how load balancing works with VMC. For a user to be able to use VMC/IPC Configurable Product, does he need to be logged on an SAP application server which has VMC activated ? If so, the only way to make sure that IPC users are logged to the correct application server is to set a specific logon group for that server ? Am I right ?

I looked on SAP Marketplace for VMC/IPC load balancing info but didn't find anything.

Any info regarding this would be appreciated.

Thank you and Regards,

Rémi Beaulieu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> For a user to be able to use VMC/IPC Configurable Product, does he need to be logged on an SAP application server which has VMC activated ? If so, the only way to make sure that IPC users are logged to the correct application server is to set a specific logon group for that server ? Am I right ?

Yes, you are correct. This is because, each VMC have to work its own application server. Because of this reason, each application server needs to have its own VMC.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

RemiB1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Orkun, I guess we'll have to forward all of our IPC users to specific application servers as we do not want to activate VMC on all of them.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are exactly correct

RemiB1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Anyone ?