cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install CR 2011 upgrade - Failed to update cache for execution

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just purchased an upgrade to Crystal Reports 2011. Whenh I try to install, I get through all of the setup prep steps, etc...but close to the end the install freezes and then pops this error message: "Failed to update cache for execution. Program will exit." And then it does just like it says...it exits. I have uninstalled my old XI version but still it fails to install.

I am running this on an HP laptop running Win 7 64-bit. This machine has run XI just fine for some time.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

This is the Database forum so not sure why you posted here....?

Moved your post to the Report Design forum.

See this thread for what to do next:

Thank you

Don

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

stanley_chen2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I fixed the similar problem by tuning off my virus software.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue, check to see if you have "spaces" in your install files paths.

(Install files, not installation destination path).

Hope it works for you too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been getting the same error, and sure enough, removing spaces from the folder name fixed the problem. thanks for the suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting this same error trying to upgrade from Crystal Reports v10 to Crystal 2011 on a Windows 7 64 bit pc. We replaced our pc's running XP to Wind 7 and was told that Crystal 10 would not run on Windows 7 64 bit so we purchased the upgrade and now I am getting the failed to update cache for execution error.

Any help is appreciated.

Eileen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eileen,

Could you look at the setup.exe you're using to install Crystal Reports and let me know what the version number of it is?

Thanks,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any resolution to this issue? I have the same problem upgrading from CR 2010 to 2011.

Thanks,

Eileen