cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future in SAP BPC for non finance background person

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am ABAP certified and worked in ABAP for 1 year and then from last 1.6 year i am working in SAP BW with Integrated planning and BPS applications.I have no finance background but i have great interest in finance and i do have some basic understanding of finance as well.Now i want to learn SAP BPC and want to persue my carrier in that ....

Do company only demand SAP BPC professional with finance background only like MBA or CA or ICWA or a technical person can also have a great carrier in SAP BPC?

Please help me out with your valuable comments.

Many thanks for your comments in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Every team in any project needs to have a right mix of technical and functional consultants.

As a beginner, you can focus more on the configuration aspects (not on the requirement gathering side). Once you become familiar with the configuration of BPC and with more project exposure, you will start understanding the functional aspects as well. And thats the time, you should slowly move into that area, so that you are capable with both technical and functional.

Hope this helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

On the functional grounds, yes, we can say that BPC needs finance knowledge. But as mentioned earlier, it is not that we need huge finance knowledge. It is the mix of technical as well as functional domains and is basically a reporting tool.

Hope this clarifies.

Rgds,

Poonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

You don't need tons of finance knowledge, but if you have it is an added advantage. In BPC, yes you may be dealing with most of the business users who is having lots of finance knowledge. But with your experience and interest it is not a big deal to work on BPC.

You need only basic knowlege to understand the requirements (Requirement Gathering stage), rest of the phases are designing & development, where you don't need much finance knowlege (where your technical skills are required)

Thanks