cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get events from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

some Batch Events in SAP (transaction SM64) should raise events or start job chains in CPS.

How to do?

I've no idea...

CPS-version: 8

Build: M33.14-47026

Free-edition.

Thanks for help

Kind regards

Bjoern

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Found this old thread as I faced a similar issue (SAP events defined in SM64 not seen on CPS side).

In fact Redwood Cronacle CPS Administration Guide is referring to the job definition : SAP_ImportArchiveObjects.( under :

Automating Processes Across System Landscape >> Importing Objects From SAP systems >> Importing Batch Events )

But this job didn't work for me.

Instead I found the job definition which has a really nice name : SAP_ImportBatchEvents

I ran the job and got my issue solved, meaning all events defined in SM64 on my SAP system were then available in CPS in SAP system definition / XBP Event Control Rules

Hope this will help someone in the future.

Regards,

Bastien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create an Event in CPS and then assign that event to the job definition or the job chain you want to trigger when that event is raised.

Please refer the CPS admin guide and the CPS configuration guide provided by Redwood. You can get the Guide from the CPS UI by clicking on (I) icon form top right corner.

Thanks and Regards,

Vipul Kaswala

0 Kudos

---

0 Kudos

You can check the CPS admin guide for more info about mapping SAP events to CPS events.

(In the CPS UI, click on the "I" in the top right and choose help guide and then Administration guide. You can make a PDF of this information.) Check the section called "Interacting with SAP Events" starting on page 87 of my admin guide.

XBP 3.0 is required. You can check this in SE38 >> INITXBP2.

You should also ensure that the CPS RFC user has the correct authorizations.

You should complete the "XBP Event Handling" tab for the SAP system in CPS and submit the job definition SAP_SynchronizeEventHistoryCriteria. Futher description of the steps is available in the CPS admin guide.

Please award points if my answer was helpful!

David