cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal 2008 not working with outlook 2010 mapi when exporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently had service pack 3 and fix pack 3.3 updated to my system ( crystal 2008) to help correct a issue with mapi not populating addresses from outlook when trying to export a report. I have a new issue. - sort of???

Now when I try to export multiple reports in a row I still have the same issue. I can send 1 report out. But if i try to send another report out i have the same issue that I had with mapi not populating the addresses field from outlook.

To get past this I shut down crystal and then bring it back up and I can send (ONE) report again before the same thing happens. Does anyone know if there is fix for this issue?

Fyi - this has nothing to do with the design of my report. The problem lies with how Crystal is communicating with mapi when trying to allowi a 2nd report to be exported. I am not using any outside programs, only crystal 2008 version and trying to export my report through mapi (outlook 2010 (in PDF format). As stated above with the above fixpack - I was able to restore exporting but now I can only export 1 report at a time.

When I select a 2nd report to export (after just sending out my 1st) the mapi function will not allow me to select addresses. So while the fix pack (from the website) restored some functionality it only allows 1 report at a time.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

Currently there are no versions of CR that officially support Outlook 2010. I'm looking to see if we have access to install it here and will test. Otherwise I'll have to test at home if I remember to.

I don't think it should be an issue unless Microsoft changed the MAPI API's again. We fixed it when they dropped the simple MAPI API set and update the MAPI dll to use the Extended MAP API's so it works when e-mailing in code for both CR XI R2 FP 6.2 and CR 2008 with FP 3.2 or above installed.

In the mean time try running Process Monitor to see if it logs any permission issues etc. Look for Access Denied in the logs. It could be Anti-virus or DEP or some app you have installed that's not allowing access on the second try. To me it sounds like that the MS UI that pops up asking for permission to send is not releasing the first export.

Thanks

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply - I will try what you said. Trying to give you a better idea of whats happening. When I click on the export button and choose the formats I want (mapi and pdf). When the window email window pops up and I go to click the address button to bring up the addresses - nothing happens - the button will not work. This is when i have to shut the program down and bring it back up for it to work. It never gets to the allow/deny button popup window.

I have to get help with your suggestion for the logs as I am a end user who writes a few reports on my own. I will update when i have done this.

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

Still trying to get to this. Office 2010 isn't in our supported platforms PDF but it should work. Unfortunately I can't get a copy of it working here but still trying.... I forgot when I got home yesterday and the Canucks are playing tonight so not sure if I can tonight either.

Thanks again

Don

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

It works for me. I get the Allow for 1 minute box and then I export again and same thing.... works...

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit at home. It just installed SP 1 so that may be the difference also but I don't recall this being a problem before.

I also don't see this being a CR problem, if it works once then something else is blocking the MAPI permission box. Check your anti-virus logs, could be it things a trojan is taking over your address book and blocking the second attempt. The AV logs should show you if something was blocked. Or disconnect from your network/disable network cards and disable your AV and test again.

Do you have any other tool that allows you to export? If you install Winzip or WinRAR it adds a feature that allows you to right click on any file, save the PDF to disk and then test using the zip tool to see if that works for you. If not it's definitely your AV or possibly Firewall software blocking the pop up.

Thanks again

Don

Answers (0)