Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting records from table MVER

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are experiencing performance issues when adding data to table MVER. We have data on there that is over 5 years old which could be deleted. As we have not been able to find any standard program or process that carries out housekeeping on MVER we are considering writing an ABAP program to delete the records. Has anyone had any problems when deleting records from MVER or does anyone know of any reason why we should not delete these records in this way ?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you looked into archiving?

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rob,

Thanks for the contribution. We have comsidered archiving, but we have no need to keep the data available, so we are thinking that a simple delete would be fine and easy to implement, if it has no impact anywhere else, which is what I would like to confirm.

0 Kudos

Well, I wouldn't delet data from a standard SAP table based on information from the internete. I'd look at other alternatives.

Are you maintaining custom indexes on this table?

Are your database statistics up to date?

Consider a databse re-org.

I don't think simple inserts should cause a problem.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rob,

Apologies, but I've misunderstood the archiving situation, evidently we haven't been able to locate an archiving object relevant to MVER. We don't have any custom indices on the table, and our statistics are up to date. Unfortunately a db reorg is not feasible for us at the moment.