Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not create BOM

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While creating BOM through CS01 i am getting the following error in the first screen only -

' BOM can only be extended via master recipe'.

Thnx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be your initial bom alternate was created via master recipe (c201) instead of cs01. Now either you have to change that error msg to warning or respect the error and create new bom using new production version.

go to c223 create new production version for that material give new alternate bom no along with recipe grp and counter.

Then go to change master recipe and then material data tab. Here system will ask you to select production version(if there more then one).Select that newly created production version. Now system will propose you to create that new alternate bom.

Its same screen similar to that cs01.

Regards,

Dhaval

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

Dhawal,

Your post helped me alot.

Thnx

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

BOM is created through Master receipe . So error message is displayed "BOM can only be extended

via master recipe". You can change this error message to warning message.

In process industry (PP-PI),BOM is maintained in Master receipe along with resource . New BOM no.

is maintained along with new production version with receipe group and counter.

In the change mode option of master reecipe ( T-code :c202), u will find that current status of

BOM and accordingly u will assign alternate BOM no. the material.

In this new BOM will be created for the material.

I think it will resolve your problem. If any further query pl revert.

Regards

Vinod

former_member188010
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear rdebnath,

SAP has sap note to change the error message to warning message.

you can search and implement that note for this case.

Regards,

Kanapon

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

It looks that BOM in your system is created through master recipe. Once BOM is created through Master Recipe then in future to create the BOM for same materia through CS01 this error is shown. In such cases you cannot play around with BOM through CS01 but it needs to be accessed through master recipe.

I hope the information helps

Cheers

Kaushik