SRM Installation Error - Start Java engine

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

OS platform -- Windows Server 2008 (R2) Stantard X64

DataBase - MS SQL Server 2008 (R2) X64

System - SAP SRM 7.0 / NW7.01

Iu00B4m facing with an error during a SRM Installation of AS JAVA system (with plus EP & EP Core). I installed last week the ABAP system.

The error is in the phase 25 - Start Java engine. I checked the sapinst.log and sapinst_dev.log and both show the following error:

INFO 2011-05-17 12:35:13.073
Disconnect from message server (SRVSIAPP01/3902) succeeded.

WARNING[E] 2011-05-17 12:35:13.160
CJS-30150  Java processes of instance JRM/JC01 [Java: UNKNOWN] did not reach state PARTRUNNING after 20:30 minutes. Giving up.

ERROR 2011-05-17 12:35:14.42
FCO-00011  The step startJava with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_StartJava|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|startJava was executed with status ERROR .

I also checked others log files, like as start<SID>.log and dev_jcontrol:

running D:\usr\sap\JRM\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapstart.exe name=JRM nr=01 SAPDIAHOST=SRVSIAPP01 -wait
SAPSTART finished successfully on SRVSIAPP01_JRM_01, but at least one process doesn't run correctly:

D:\usr\sap\JRM\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapstart.exe=>sapparam(1c): No Profile used.

trc file: "D:\usr\sap\JRM\JC01\work\dev_jcontrol", trc level: 1, release: "701"
---------------------------------------------------
node name   : jcontrol
pid         : 1436
system name : JRM
system nr.  : 01
started at  : Tue May 17 12:14:55 2011
arguments	  :
	  arg[00] : D:\usr\sap\JRM\JC01\exe\jcontrol.EXE
	  arg[01] : pf=D:\usr\sap\JRM\SYS\profile\JRM_JC01_SRVSIAPP01

[Thr 1544] Tue May 17 12:14:55 2011
[Thr 1544] *** ERROR => OS release Windows NT 6.1 7601 Service Pack 1 2x AMD64 Level 6 (Mod 15 Step 11) is not supported with this startup framework (701) [jstartxx.c   4389]

This last file (dev_jcontrol) is kindly weird... I checked the PAM and it said this OS (Windows 2008 (R2) is supported!

Can you help me to solve this problem?

Kind regards,

Jou00E3o Dimas - Portugal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post the complete file

D:\usr\sap\JRM\JC01\work\dev_jcontrol

Thanks

SM

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SM,

What I wrote above, in my last message, that was the complete file of dev_jcontrol.

Any other tip?

Kind regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

Please follow steps from Note 1480785.

Problem is the kernel from the kernel DVD available at SMP is not compatible to the Windows Server 2008 R2.

Download the latest kernel for the SRM 7.0 release from SMP and make that as the kernel DVD for the SAPInst.

Steps for these are in the note.

Regards,

Srikishan

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

This Kernel that I´m use is 701 version!

Tell me how you concluded that? How you found this note?

In that note it is not mentioned anything about windows 2008 versions...

Can you clarify your answer?

Thank you

Kind regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

I seen this issue a few times, the problem is mainly related to an oudated startup framework, update the Startup Framework as per below note (As far as I remember the note will apply to 701 too)

Note 710914 - Upgrading the J2EE Engine Startup Framework

Hope it helps.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

have a look at note: 1152240, if you have not yet checked this.

Regards,

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Juan Reyes,

The note 710914 - Upgrading the J2EE Engine Startup Framework is for component SAP_BASIS with version SAPKB700 in my case the ABAP system has the SAP_BASIS component in version 701!

So... I guess this note is not applied to my case, am I right?

BR

João Dimas - Portugal

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The note might not apply but have you looked into updating the Engine Startup framework?

Regards

Juan

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajneesh,

I read that note 1152240 and tell me in which way this apply to my case, because I only see for my case... the part that say "Installing SAP systems based on SAP Netweaver 7.0 EHP1 (7.01) or SAP Netweaver 7.0 EHP1 SR1" and in there is recommended to:

. Patch your runtime libraries as described in SAP note 684106 --> I already did this when I installed the ABAP system/part

. Apply the latest DBSL patch --> I did a kernel upgrade to the latest version and also the DBSL patch on ABAP system/part

So... I don't see anything related with my case... the Java part that is what I´m trying to install and now I´m with an error!

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan Reyes,

I will try to update the Engine Startup Framework... but tell me one thing first, can I stop the installation/sapinst of AS Java? And I must stop these Java System in SAPMMC?

BR

João Dimas

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Srikishan D and all the others,

Thank you very much for your help. I already solved this problem and the solution was upgrade the kernel to the latest kernel release of 701 version. Before this, first I stopped the sapinst and java system through SAPMMC and after the upgrade of kernel I retry the sapinst.

Best Regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Answers (0)