cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track selection in CMS WebUI sometimes shows the wrong Track selected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

as this now happened to 3 of our users, myself included, but i didn't manage to reliably reproduce it, i wanted to ask if anyone else noticed this behavior.

When selecting tracks in the left-hand Track List in the CMS WebUI, the visualisation sometimes is not in line what the component thinks is selected. When e.g. deleting multiple Tracks in a row, it happened to us that the wrong track was deleted. (e.g. I selected the 3th in the list but the 1st one was deleted).

Thankfully, deleting a track is not the end of the world as no DTR content gets deleted, but we now made it a habit to e.g. only delete one Track per Browser session.

This is on 7.0 EhP1 SPS3 (upgrading to SPS8 next week)

regards, andreas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

ok, this case please let me know whether the error persists after the upgrade.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin,

thanks for your response, as i wrote, we are on a old SP level and plan to upgrade to SPS 8 including the latest PLs anyhow.

regards, andreas.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I never experienced this before. If such an error exists, then this is either some kind of displaying bug in WD Framework, so I'd vote for patching SAP_JTECHS and SAP_JTECHF (which is among others for the WD runtime).

If this would be a bug in CMS, then I'd apply the latest patch for the software component DI_CMS.

For the first case (wd runtime):

http://service.sap.com/patches -- Browse our Download Catalog -- SAP NetWeaver and complementary products

-- SAP NETWEAVER -- SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 -- Entry by Component -- Application Server Java

a) SAP TECH S OFFLINE 7.01 -- # OS independent -- SAPJTECHF03P_12-10005909.SCA

b) SAP JAVA TECH SERVICES 7.01 -- # OS independent -- SAPJTECHS03P_18-10005886.SCA

For the second case (cms webui):

http://service.sap.com/patches -- Browse our Download Catalog -- SAP NetWeaver and complementary products

-- SAP NETWEAVER -- SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 -- Entry by Component -- Development Infrastructure

a) DI CHANGE MGMT. SERVER 7.01 -- # OS independent -- DICMS03P_1-10005896.SCA

You can deploy them using the JSPM. Notice, for the wdruntime, an automatic engine restart will take place during the deployment process since it has offline deployment part.

Let me know if this is still happening after applying these patches, or if you upgrades to SP8, the same applies, let me know if after the upgrade you can still face the same issue.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin