Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Infoset - Authorization Check to limit data displayed to the user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For several query infosets, I have to code an authorization check on an object - this is based mostly on plant and company code.

If the user does not have authorization to see a plant or company code, the records in the infoset should be hidden from view (deleted).

I know how to code the authority check - which would be in the 'record processing' section of the infoset's code.

However, based on the results of the authority check, how do I limit the data displayed to the user running the report?

The infoset uses a join on several db tables.

Please reply <removed by moderator>.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on May 17, 2011 2:09 PM

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

delete those records where user is missing authorisation from infoset.

other way would be to delete query and make a report, which wouldnt be the worst thing as lots of queries tend to slow down your whole system significantly.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

1) How do you delete those records from the infoset? Do you just refer to the table name and delete before the list is displayed? How?

2) Unfortunately, we have too many queries to rebuild. The scope of this project is to just add authorization checks & limit data displayed. As such, rebuilding the queries as reports would not be possible.