cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice for using multiple models

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Buddies,

Can u tell me the best practices for using multiple models in single WD application?

Means --> I am using 3 RFCs on single application for my function. Each time i am importing that RFC model under

WD --->Models and i did model binding seperately to Component Controller. Is this is the right way to impliment multiple models in single application ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It very much depends on your design, but One RFC per model is definitely a no no.

Refer to this document to understand how should you use the model in most efficient way.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/705f2b2e-e77d-2b10-de8a-95f37f4c7...

Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I read that document and it is very helpful. can u explain the below scenario...

shall we use two different ABAP function modules under same AS ABAP with the help of single jco destination ?

it means, user runs the single application like,

Model M1 cal the function1 through the JCo destination DI and Model M2 cal the function2 through the JCo destination DI

( under same AS ABAP). shall i impliement this scenario. let me know whether this is correct or wrong...

former_member182598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your case is explained in Page 37 and 38 of the document.

You have to use the reconnection provider method of the modelobject fro the best case scenario.

Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes...i look at that thing already...but in that scenario they mentioned it for same function module. But i am looking for two different function modules ..

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sharmila,

We can have separate Models and import different RFC's with the same JCo. But the design should be keep Only one Model and import all your RFC's in that. If you feel your model will be huge in future then try to create a separate DC and import all the RFC's and execute them in that DC.

I hope this will be the best way.

Regards

Nizamudeen SM

former_member182598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where did they say both models are calling same function module...? It will be stupid to create two models to call same function module in same system !!

What is of interest for you is once you have created a model object M1 which is using destination D1. Even if you create model object M2 which uses destination D1 without using the setConnectionProvider you will create two user sessions.

That is not desired.

Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u all..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharmilabegum,

Please create seperate Model DC and import the multiple RFC's using Adpative RFC model. then use the model dc as used component in functional DC's. it is better to seperate the model dc and functional dc.

Best Regards,

Arun Jaiswal