cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does InfoCube deletion mode affect loading performance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

we have a scenario where it is necessary to regularly delete the cube before loading.

As we have 2 options for deleting: with or without dimension-tables: what is the more performant way in order to avoid extensive sid-ding the next time the infocube is been loaded?

Normally, I'd expect the variant with only the fact-table to be more efficient as dims are already generated..

But what^s about the "unused" data: it will remain in the dimension-tables then for every time?

And apart from that: if the dimensions are not buffered, will the option "only fact table" really be an advantage?

So, where should the decision be based on?

Regards

bivision

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As mentioned by you that both the deletion methods have pros and cons.

The final decision for choosing among the two can be narrowed down by answering some questions such as:

• Is the amount of data loaded daily is huge.

• what is the amount of data which will not come in future loads and will consume DIM table space if not deleted.

• How much time is the loading taking for this cube and What is the business expectation for data availabilty in the report.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for the quick reply.

So if I don't delete the data from the dimensions tables, is it right that the new loading-process will lookup on those dimension tables first in order to retrieve already existing combinations or how does it process?

So may i limit the generation of new SIDs in this way?

Thanks & regards

bivision

Answers (0)