Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cost center in sales order create bapi_salesorder_createfromdat2

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALL,

While the creation of sales order using bapi_salesorder_createfromdat2 , we need to populate the cost center field ,but the cost center is not available in this bapi. Is there anyway to populate the cost center using bapi_salesorder_createfromdat2 during sales order creation

Pls. advise.

thanks in advance

suresh

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i am correct , cost center in SO shold be picked up from config based on Sales Org, Distribution channel division and order reason (Look at tcode OVF3). So if you have the entry there and the values are correctly configured you should not have to explictly pass the value for a cost center but it should be picked up based on the sales area.

Regards,

Himanshu

0 Kudos

Thanks Himanshu for the reply.

well i need to check with the functional people wrt this.

Is there any other way to handle this using bapi?

thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

You might try doing it using the subroutine "USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAK" in the include MV45AFZZ. If you are using it for the first time you might require a object key.

Regards,

Himanshu Verma

0 Kudos

Himanshu,

I need to update the cost center under each item level not at the header level .

thanks

suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

See [Cost center in FM BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 |;

Rob

0 Kudos

HI Rob,

Thanks for the thread.

But unfortunately its also not working, I have enhanced the structures BAPE_VBAP,BAPE_VBAPX with KOSTL and passed values to the extensionin tables of bapi ..but still not able to populate the cost center at the item level.

thanks

suresh