cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the value of Ordinary Depreciation in AS91

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

After loading assets via AS91... I need to change the ordinary depreciation posted for 2011 to a positive value so that it adds to the Acquisition value instead of deducting it.

However, when i try to do this - the ordinary depreciation field is greyed out in AS92 - When I click the 'Takeover Values' radio button, I get the below message:

Asset values are only displayed for posted depreciation.

How can i change this and also make an entry to this Ord Depreciation field..?

Thanks much for the support

Rukshana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RUkshana

Have you posted depreciation for 2011 from AFAB?? If yes, then this behavior is justified

You can post a write up to increase the asset value (ABZU) or Post -ve Unplanned depreciation

Prefer write up over unplanned dep

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ajay

You are absolutely correct in saying that we have already posted AFAB for last month end...

I tried to do the write up using the transaction code ABZU, but I get the below error message:

Correction to ordinary dep. greater than acc. dep. in area 01

Message no. AA634

Thank you very much for all your support

Rukshana

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruksana

Write up is allowed only to the extent of Accum Depreciation.. Thats standard behaviour and correct...

May be you can try to post -ve Unplanned depreciation

OR

Use transaction ABSO (Tr TYpe 100) to manually post an adhoc acquisition on the asset... You need to specify a P&L Account as an Off Setting Posting in ABSO.... Ideally, this should be your depreciation account... But, use a separate account other than depreciation account

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Ajay

thanks again for the invaluable input ....

I tried what you suggested and somehow it is not what the users wanted... however, when I completely recreate the asset - I can do what I want to do with it and make the Ord Depr for 2011 with a positive effect on the Asset register... so that solves my problem..

My issue now is to delete this existing one - i went to AS91 - took out the acquisition value and the Acc depreciation value but i m not able to remove the field for Ordinary depreciation posted, since its greyed out. How can i delete this asset off completely.

When I try to delete now - it tells me - I cannot since the asset has values...

Thanks again

Rukshana

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruksana

Thats what I said.. Since you executed dep on the asset, you cant change the field now, as far as I know...

For a new asset that should not be a problem... But for existing assets, I doubt you will be allowed to remove it any more...

As a last hope, try to assign 0000 dep key for the existing asset,... Atleast the Dep may become zero...

CU > Asset Accounting > Asset Data Transfer > Parameters for Data Transfer > Options > Recalculate Depreciation for Previous Years

Once you allow this and then use 0000 dep key, may be the system would recalculate dep of previous years as well

br, Ajay M

Answers (0)