Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh queue problem

Private_Member_201320
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello:

I have a problem, when I create a notificacion (that manages data object Y03_SOL_TR), in the tablet does not update the information created (r3 key, etc.) until I disable and then enable the distribution rule corresponding. In R/3 server the data is created suscesfully.

The data object Y03_SOL_TR has a node assciation with node Y01_ORD_TR (that manages orders of maintenance). When I create an unrelated the notificacion is successfully created, the problem is when I create a notification that relates to order, in this case I need to deactivate and activate the corresponding rule.

DO_SYNC_EXTRACT parameter is 'X' for both data objetct, and they have no item level filter.

My version is 7.10 SP11.

How I can solve it?

Thanks and kind regards.

Edited by: Julian Moreno Luna on May 17, 2011 12:50 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

I haven't understood your problem completely.

But let me explain how it works.

Let us consider a scenario where a Notification & Order are two related data objects. So consider that Notification number is also present at the root node of Order. So whenever an Order is sent to the device, the notification should also go to the device.

In order to achieve this, you will do the following:

1. Create a node association between order and notification. Remember, the association should be created at the root node of Order(This is because it will help you in creating a dependency later on. So it is always recommended to create this association at the leading object).

2. Activate your Order data object.

3. In your distribution model on Order data object, you should have a dependency which says whenever order goes to device then the related notification also goes to device. While creating this dependency, you just need to select the association which you created in first step.

Based on scenario, you can just reverse the logic if your case is notification leading and order following.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Siva.

Private_Member_201320
Participant
0 Kudos

Siva Thanks for your response. My case is reversed, in the notification is present a field with the order, but orders and notices may exist separately without any association.

The node association already had created, and I created the dependence as your indications and the problem persists. The scenario is as follows: In the device I create a notification and an order at same time and create the associaton. After, synchronize. The records are created in the CDS but the device does not go down until you turn off and activate again the rule of distribution.

Interestingly sometimes if you come down and others do not. Although most of the time (95%) does not download.

If I create from device a notificacion without association its create in CDS and download to device always correctly.

Any other ideas?

Taking advantage of the post, another question: what is the difference in distributing model between create a dependence and item level filter?

Thanks again.

Edited by: Julian Moreno Luna on May 18, 2011 7:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

Now I understood your requirement correctly.

So you have a notification object which has order number as one of the filelds and is associated to order number in Order data object.

Now your problem is when you create both of them on the device along with association, then you are not able to get the notification back to the device. So I see the following reason in your case:

May be you are creating notificaiton first on the device, then order and then associating them. But you need to change the sequence. You need to create order first and then create a notification and then also associate Orders Local Synckey in the association key of Notification. That way DOE ensures that Order is created first and then Notification.

The reason in this case could be, when you created dependency rule, you might have selected option "check for completeness". In this case, what will happen is when DOE tries to send notification to device it also check if the related order is present in DOE. If not found then it will not send Notificaiton. So if you create Order first and then notification, then this problem will not arise.

Coming to your other question, Dependency rule is between 2 different data objects to say when a leading object flows to device you want to send the following object also. Where as Node Level Filter is within the same data object, if you want to create an Item level filter to restrict certain Items of the same header. Normally you get all child/items related to that header but you can control them using Node/Item level filter.

You can also refer one of my older posts which explains item level filter and some other concepts.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Edited by: Siva RamaKrishnaJ on May 19, 2011 9:11 AM

Private_Member_201320
Participant
0 Kudos

Siva Thanks again for your response.

In the device for my bussiness I need to create first the Notificacion and after the Order and the association, but when synchronize in the middleware first create the Order and after the Notificacion. In my mi_meta.xml the Order data object the parameter "syncOrder" value is 1, and for Notificacion the parameter value is 2. I see the message monitoring and the message ID for the Order is 146 and for Notificacion 147. The Order are created first in server and after the Notification.

I create the dependence with the Completeness checked and the problem persist. I check the Order and it's in the device. What could be happening? If I activate again the rule (in Distribution Rule Administration), why does it work?

-

-

Since the order is first created and then the notification, I tried to create dependency on the Order, but if I select the check Completeness and appears the message "Link cannot be present in following Data Object as it is selectable for Completeness Group" and I can't crete it, why? Do I have to create it without Completeness checked?

-

-

By the other question, when I migrate with the SDOE_MIGRATION from 2.5 to 7.10, the Notification Data Object are created with a Item Level Filter, where the Referred Data Object is the Order. With this the problem persist and without too. The Notification data object only has root node, the Order data Object has childs. But in your explanation I understood that Item Level Filter is only beetwen the same data object, ¿why the referred object can be other data object?

Thanks. Kind regards.

Edited by: Julian Moreno Luna on May 19, 2011 1:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

From your explanation, the problem seems to be with the distribution rule of Notification. Since you are saying the notification comes if you deactivate and activate the rule again, there could be something wrong about the rule.

Coming to completeness group, when you select this option the association always has to be created at leading data object. The logic is simple here, because to make sure the dependent object is also sent to device the leading object should know where the association is.

So my suggestion in your case is, can you recheck your rule on Notification once. Usually when you create a rule, it has options like Bulk, Device dependent etc and also in the last step of wizard, it shows the various events on which this rule will be executed. It shows Device Addition, Device Modificaiton, Device Removal etc. So make sure that all those options are present. If not I would recommend you to recreate the rule/modify your rule.

Coming to your last question of Item level filter against a different object, I haven't seen such a scenario so far. I am not sure how the objects are generated in backward compatibility mode based on merep.xml file.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Private_Member_201320
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva.

I did what you said but still happening. I will continue investigating to see if I encounter it.

Thanks and Regrads.