cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable Alerter icon in WebI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I couldnt use the alerters in business objects. It is in disabled mode, how to enable the alerter icon...

Regards,

Gokul.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member217667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can u please tell me how to set alert. I am making a comparision if my target is not fulfilled then it should be highlighted with red colour.

Can u please suggest me.

Thanks

Bikash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bikash,

If you are in BI 4 just create a conditional formatting rule in Webi report analysis tab based on your requirement and apply it to the required cell or column..

If you have any specific queries related to the conditional formatting, request you to open a separate thread as you will get better response there

former_member217667
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank u so much Durga.

But when i am trying for the same conditional formating option is not active. Also have seen putting my cursor on the column. but still no result.

Can u plz suggest any idea about the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This option is enabled in JAVA editor not HTML editor. Enable from preference JAVA editor for Webi to let you create a conditional formatting..

Please create a new post if you have any other queries as this post is already closed one..

former_member217667
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Durga.

And surely for further queries i will create a new post.

Now i will check with your suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

that Problem can be solved by only CMC Adminstrator,please Contact your CMC Adminstrator

Just Do the following guidelines:

goto Appilication->WebIntelligence->usersecurity

give full access to user.

Thanks

Prasad

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to click on the report column and then see alerter is enable or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes I have done it .. it's still in disabled mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please some one suggest an idea..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue.

The report has prompts, of which two are required.

When clicking on 'Edit" the report seems to reload; displaying the Prompts again.

Strange thing is that another department is able to login to my Webi and the correct Java applet loads and displays the additional Tool Bar - Woth the "Alert" icon as well as with the "Edit Query" icon.

This seems to imply a personal setting or a security issue (??)

Has anyone found an answer, Please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Have you upgraded from XIr2 to XI3.1?

If so, then you'll need to check in the CMC as some of the security settings have changed.

One that you may need to check is "Interactive: Reporting - Apply and remove existing alerters"

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got the same problem with Webi - Interactive.

Logged on as Administrator so I'd have all the rights, click on a column but the alerter button stays disabled.

I also gave explicit rights to a normal user as suggested above but no good

Could it be a browser security setting?

If I use Webi Rich Client, the alerter button is enabled and all is fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Alerter also works in Webi - Advanced Editor.

Infoview > Preference > Web Intelligence > Select a default creation/editing tool > Select Advanced

(This is the second block of radio buttons, the first block is for viewing)

I have created an alert using the Webi - Advanced Editor

- saved the report,

- changed back Webi -Interactive

- the alerter button is enable (for this report only) but I can't change the format of the alert. All I can do is either enable or disable the alert.

Has anyone got the Alerter to work in Webi - Interactive?