Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Issue: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to post the PO confirmation from SRM System to PI through proxy. In PI system we are getting the following mapping error

Mapping Steps 1 JAVA com/sap/xi/tf/_SUS2MMOrderResponse_</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">MTOM Attachments are Transferred to the Payload</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Dynamic Configuration Is Empty</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">Mode 0</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">Call method execute of the application Java mapping com.sap.xi.tf._SUS2MMOrderResponse_</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">RuntimeException during appliction Java mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_SUS2MMOrderResponse_ Thrown: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.util.Map.get(java.lang.Object) of an object loaded from field com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.AMappingProgram.params of an object loaded from local variable 'this' at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.AMappingProgram.exceptionCaught$(AMappingProgram.java:95) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.Transformer.checkParserException(Transformer.java:178) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.Transformer.start(Transformer.java:166) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.AMappingProgram.execute(AMappingProgram.java:142) at com.sap.aii.ib.server.mapping.execution.TransformationWrapper.transform(TransformationWrapper.java:39) at com.sap.aii.ib.server.mapping.execution.JavaMapping.executeStep(JavaMapping.java:92) at com.sap.aii.ib.server.mapping.execution.Mapping.execute(Mapping.java:60) at

Could you please look into this and guide me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Baskaran K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

A NullPointerException may means that you have an inconsistence with the Support Package or Patch level.

For the first option, check if you are using the SAME SP level for all of the Java Components, including the

ABAP SAP_BASIS component.

For the Patch, check if they're updated with the latest version available.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you mentioned, If the problem is due to inconsistence with the Support Package, none of the message should flow. But in my case I could find the lot of sucessful messages in SXMB_MONI. And also I'm not sure where I have to check the SP level of Java Components. Could you please tell me the same.

I'm facing this issue in Dev landscape. But in Quality, the same mapping program is working fine for another scenario.

As mentioned by manikandan, I checked the payload. One of the field had an empty value. But that is not used anywhere in mapping program. Even I tested the mapping program after removing that field, but that also failed.

I tried to test the message mapping in ESR in DEV with payload of sucessful message from Quality landscape which do not have any empty value, but that also failing with same mapping error.

Could anyone please comment on this.

Regards,

Baskaran K

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Today I have tested the payload of the message in ESR.

If there is any field with character '&' then mapping test failed with error

RuntimeException during appliction Java mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_SUS2MMOrderResponse_ Thrown: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.util.Map.get(java.lang.Object) of an object loaded from field com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.AMappingProgram.params of an object loaded from local variable 'this' "

If we remove the char '&' and tested, then mapping get sucessful in ESR. But in runtime while posting the PO Confirmation without any char like '&', it failing with same error. I dont know how.

Anybody have idea about this mapping issue? I am struggling a lot due to this issue.

Regards,

Baskaran K

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that you are trying to get hash map object from the Hashmap, but it is returning null object.

check in your UDF . or any mapping.

---Divyesh

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether value is coming as a Null for any of the object.

Regards,

Manikandan

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

You mean Any of the Mandatory field receiving the null value?

Regards,

Baksaran K

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, i think that manikandansit want to say that you have to check each field to find null value for mandatory fields.