cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Workflow-step

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have mad a modification in my workflow, now it is stopped with the following error:

Source (expression '&_WORKITEM.WORKITEMFATHER.WORKITEMID&') of binding assignment is not availabl

Message no. SWF_BND_001101

i have tried to put the workitem-id of the workitem-father to my step in the bindings. i don't understand

why this error occurs.

when i look to the container in workflow log in my step the workitem-id mentioned above is filled with a value.

any ideas ?

best regards, Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sseems to be a buffer issue just try to refresh teh buffer and check SWU_OBUF.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

sorry, i don't understand what you mean by "refresh the buffer and check SWU_OBUF" ????????????????

best regards, Martin

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, You said that you had to modify an existing workflow and after modification it started giving the errors. So you said you have done the respective binding.

So just try to refresh the buffer by executing the transaction SWU_OBUF and click SHIFT + F1.

And try to re start the workflow.

Regards

Pavan

Edited by: Pavan Bhamidipati on May 17, 2011 3:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, but that does not help. i still have the problem.

b reg, martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi martin,

I am also tried and encountered with the same error.

May be, its a standard bug of SAP business workflow.

Alternatively you can get the parent work item id from the table SWWWIHEAD using the current work item ID.

Thanks,

Viji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

oh, thats not fine.........but now i know that it is NOT my fault

well, so i can read from SWWWIHEAD in my step.........i hope that the CURRENT workitem-id is working proaperly and i can bind it ????

reg, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

yes, just bind the current work item with any of task containers.

then write the code in the method to get the top work item ID.

The workflow header table SWWWIHEAD will give the parent work item ID based on the current work item ID.

Thanks,

Viji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I have found onething. Create a workflow container and bind the fatherworkitem.workitem ID from the task to workflow.

Its working..

Thanks,

Viji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

now i am confused ! i now take &_WORKITEM.WORKITEMID& and bind it to an Z-workitem-ID.

in my method in the step i don't have the current workitem-ID, but the FATHER workitem ID WITHOUT reading

it out from swwwihead ?????

this is what i want, but WHY is this now ??

reg, Martin