cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

po message

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI experts,

I have an issue regarding PO Output message : The user had changed delivery date and PO NEU output type message was deleted by user. Later next day output message is sent vendor with out any changes made in PO.

Here my problem is : from where it was again created even the user had already deleted the output from the document header before the changes are saved.

thanks

chiru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would have created condition record for o/p type "NEU" in MN04/MN05. So once you delete the o/p type from ME22N, it will get created again. To delete it permanently from PO, under "Messages", select the O/P Type line and click menu Edit --> Deactivate (perm.) and then save the PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI pankaj

Thanks to reply

My client is asking how it was determined to create output again and from where it was created.

Thanks

chiru

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is because for following reasons, system determines the Output Type from Condition Record.;

1. You would have created condition record for Output type "NEU" in MN04/MN05.

2. SPRO > Materials Management > Purchasing > Messages > Output Control > Message Types > Define Message Types for Purchase Order > Fine-Tuned Control: Purchase Order - Here you maintain Output type "NEU" for Activity "01" (Create) and "02" (Change)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for reply pankaj ,

In the above case the user confirms that no changes were made to the PO after deleting the Message type NEU, and still go autotriggered on the next day.

How can i determine ,from where it was created again.can we able to check it out through debugging.

Thanks

chiru

Edited by: srinivasarao85 on May 18, 2011 12:32 PM

asik_shameem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the IMG, Message Types->Define Message Type for PO->Maintain message Type-> Double click on the message Type.

There, Disable Multiple Issuing in General Data tab, that solves your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj and asik,

Disabling "Multiple Issuing" would stop message being send again upon any changes made to the PO, right? But here, when no changes were made to PO after manual deletion of Message type NEU from the Purchase Order, why would it have auto triggered NEU output type on the next day? This is what he client is specifically asking.

please reply me to my post

Thanks

chiru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj and asik,

Disabling "Multiple Issuing" would stop message being send again upon any changes made to the PO, right? But here, when no changes were made to PO after manual deletion of Message type NEU from the Purchase Order, why would it have auto triggered NEU output type on the next day? This is what he client is specifically asking.

Thanks

chiru

Edited by: srinivasarao85 on May 19, 2011 10:01 AM

asik_shameem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

During output processing, if the PO does not have any message inside, message determination schema will redetermine the message again.

What is the necessity to delete the message in PO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi asik,

Thanks for reply,

Here Client deleted it because they didn't want to send any output message NEU to vendor that time, but was surprised to see that it Auto triggered NEU Message type the next day(dispatch time 1, and transmission medium 6 - EDI) .

Thanks

chiru

asik_shameem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chiru,

In that case, don't delete the message, instead change Dispatch Time as 3 (Send with application own transaction) in Further Data of the PO message.

Program RSNAST00 is scheduled in background on daily basis it seems, if you choose Dispatch Time as 3, RSNAST00 won't pick this message.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the NAST update for the message Type NEU on the date and also see if message is genarated in PO or not.

Check if auto job Runs to trigger EDI output through Txn SM37.