cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconciling open GRPO documents with GL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone reports or methods to reconcile the value of open GRPO documents with the value in the general ledger GRNI account?

I've always found the lack of a report a big limitation. The obvious problem is that the open GRPO documents might be Service or have non-stock Items, neither of which affect the GL.

I've asked similar questions before but not really got anywhere. I'm hoping that someone's got something new.

Regards,

Douglas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas,

If those open GRPO documents are Service type or have only non-stock Items, they would never affect the GL.

What are you trying to do?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to tell users how they can reconcile open GRPOs with the GL balance for GRNI. This would be something that they would do routinely, say every month, so it's not just a one-time exercise. (I am using the word reconcile in this sense to mean compare to or check against. I don't mean Business One's Internal Reconciliation function.)

This is very similar to what an accountant would do to reconcile (compare) the Debtors (Sales) to the GL. The accountant would run an Aged Debtors report to see the open balance on the debtors (customer) documents then compare that to the balance on the Debtors Control Account in the general ledger. For Debtors, you would expect that they would be exactly the same.

The problem with GRPOs, as you know, is that not all the values on the GRPOs go onto the GL. So the question is, how can you reconcile the two, i.e check one against the other?

For me, this is a big omission in the way that Business One works, and I keep hoping that someone has come up with a technique. We keep getting asked this question by users.

Regards,

Douglas

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you copied you GRPO to A/P invoice, GRPO should be closed automatically. Is that not the case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

I think that you might have misread my question. Your answer has nothing to do with the question asked and there is no suggestion that B1 is not working as expected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas,

You are correct, there should be a report that can be run - maybe you could try writing one & posting it:).

Seriously though, how about posting this in the product development forum as a suggestion. I have already (some time ago) posted one to try to get auto reconciling of the GRNI account on drawing documents so you would only see unreconciled items which was what I was getting at too.

Haven't found a customer prepared to pay for the development myself yet....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Thanks. You've at least confirmed that no one else has solved it. I keep hoping that someone will.

I've half-done reports but never got anything that works properly. The main problem is that I can't work out how to deal with GRPOs that have been partially invoiced. How do you know what the open value in GRNI is for a GRPO document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas,

What about the Open Item report? You can select GRPO is the Document Type field. It would like both Type & Service but perhaps that's a start. If you need Service separate from Item, you could customize the default report to list Service only.

Heather