cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non-central adapter engine not visable in integration builder

Former Member
0 Kudos

ls,

I have a pi system and a separate non-central adapter engine. After installing i did all the post actions including the following part:

5.13 Clearing the SLD Data Cache after Installing a Non-central Advanced Adapter Engine

When you have installed a non-central Advanced Adapter Engine, you need to manually clear the SLD Data Cache in the Integration Builder to make it visible and selectable in the communication channels.

Procedure

After SAPinst has finished, open the Integration Builder of your PI system at http://<host>:<port>/dir/start/index.jspIntegration Directory and logon as a user with the ABAP role SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR assigned.

In the Integration Builder, choose Environment.

From the drop-down list, choose Clear SLD Data Cache.

(as described in: Installation GuideAdapter Engine (Java EE) 7.1 Including Enhancement Package 1 on Windows: MS SQL ServerTarget)

However when creating a communication channel in the integration builder there is only the central adapter engine to choose in parameter tab screen.

I was hoping maybe some-one knows what else need to be done to make de non-central known as adapter engine.

thanks in advance

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Once in the main screen (after using sxmb_ifr), click the Administration link on right top corner. Login there and under Repository and Directory tab-> click on Data Cache.

Then refresh all the three available caches (use Complete/Full refresh). Then check once again.

If still the de central AE is not visible, pls restart the XI/PI system once and the AE should be visible.

Cheers,

Souvik

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Souvik for your fast rely.

If i try to to do a full refresh it asks me for a username and password. For the integration server and mapping runtime this gives no problem but for the af.<sid>.<hostname> i dont know which user to use. Should this be an OS user?

Besides that i did do a bounce of the PI system, unfortunately the AE is still not visible....

something else that still needs to be done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can u check if the connectivity is there with the de central adapter engine or not? i.e. the ports are correctly opened and u can access the server from your PI system. You can take help from Basis team regarding this.

>> i dont know which user to use

u can use PIAFUSER (or PISUPER or PIDIRUSER if they are assigned proper roles)

Award points if helpful

Cheers,

Souvik

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

with user PIDIRUSER i was indeed able to refresh the af cache. Unfortunately without a positive

Under the runtime workbench (http://<host>:<port>0/rwb/index.jsp) tab sld registration i don't see the ae neither under non-central components. If i try to register i get:

Registration of Adapter Framework with SLD was successful

Registration of fix AF adapter services with the SLD was successful

Registration of dynamic CPA cache based AF adatper services with SLD was successful

but no AAE...although it is visible in the SLD under technical systems...